Rabu, 26 Desember 2012

MUSIC


Music is part of my life.
No one in this world doesn’t love music, I think. Music is just beautiful it is. And I love music because I just love it. I don’t know how to explain how big I love it. If I won’t be an entrepreneur one day, I’d rather be a musician.

Do you know a famous quote from Bob Marley, “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” I like that words so much. Cause it’s true, music will never hurt. It only brings happiness if we can really feel it. When I listen to music, I feel freedom, very comfortable. For me, no day without music. Cause everyday I always listen to music everywhere and anytime I can.

In music, there are many kinds of genre that we can enjoy.
1.      Alternative
There are College Rock, Goth Rock, Grunge, Indie Rock, New Wave, Punk, and Underground. Underground has many types, there are Hardcore, Deathcore, Gothic, Grindcore, Slamming, Goregrind, and many other else.
2.      Pop
There are Adult Contemporary, Britpop, Pop/Rock, Soft Rock, and Teen Pop.
3.      Reggae
There are Dancehall, Dub, Roots Reggae, Ska.
4.      Rock
·         Adult Alternative
·         American Trad Rock
·         Arena Rock
·         Blues-Rock
·         British Invasion
·         Death Metal/Black Metal
·         Glam Rock
·         Hair Metal
·         Hard Rock
·         Metal
·         Jam Bands
·         Prog-Rock/Art Rock
·         Psychedelic
·         Rock & Roll
·         Rockabilly
·         Roots Rock
·         Singer/Songwriter
·         Southern Rock
·         Surf
·         Tex-Mex
And many others else.
While in Indonesia, we have our original genre of music. There are Dangdut, Campursari, and Keroncong.
And for me, I like pop-rock the most, and also pop acoustic.
I like not only listening to music but also playing it. The first musical instrument that I played was flute. I was in the first grade of elementary school at that time. And there was a musical lesson. The teacher taught how to play a flute. And the songs that we played were Gundul-Gundul Pacul and Suwe Ora Jamu. That was the first time I learned to play music. And I just love it. It’s very easy to love music.

I can play piano too, but not so well, just the basic. :D
First time I learned it when I was in the third grade of elementary school. My father bought a piano for my elder brother. Everytime my brother played it I always followed him. Finally he taught me how to play it. Not only the practice, I also learned the theory. And until now, I’m still in progress to develop my ability to play piano. It’s something that’s very interesting for me. Cause when I play music, I’m happy, and all the pain that I feel is gone. :)
I learn to play guitar too. Cause I like watching my boyfriend playing it. And he taught me how to play. Now, I’m still in progress to learn it.

And do you know guys, music has many advantages in education.
Cause it is believed music learning activates various areas of the brain and synchronizes the mind for learning at a fast pace while stretching the memory to a higher level of retention.  Music improves cognitive learning and facilitates growth in many areas of human development, e.g motivation, social skills, time management, situational awareness, aesthetic appreciation, etc.  As we learn more about the integration of emotional intelligence and cognitive learning patterns, it is ever apparent the study of music has a direct relationship to the measured success of the individual/student via reasoning, creative thinking, decision-making, and problem solving.
So, beside it gives happiness in our life, music is also very useful in education.

As I said before, “Music is part of my life”. 

3 komentar:

  1. Thank u !
    I'm in progress to learn playing guitar. If I'll be able to play well, let's make something like Zumulti .hahaha :D

    BalasHapus
  2. @samiha antara : yeah, there is no one who doesn't love music, I think. :)

    BalasHapus